Developed by BIOTOPE,
SonoChiro® allows the identification of 111 species of bats.
Amazon Basin, North Central America, Lesser Antilles, British Isles,
North Boreal, South Boreal, Northern Temperate, Southern Temperate, Mediterranean
SonoChiro®is a very powerful software that analyzes very large volumes of data from ultrasonic sensors and recorders (SM4BAT, D20X, D500X Pettersson, Batlogger, BATmode, Batcorder, ...).
Its various functionalities make it useful in various context analysis : identification of the species present, count bats, quantification of hunting activity (capture of prey), highlighting of a social activity, etc.
SonoChiro® cannot completely replace manual identification because a zero error rate is unattainable in the current state of knowledge and technological capabilities. However, SonoChiro® has been designed to make it as easy as possible to handle its own errors, in particular through a set of relevant confidence indices.
Thus, the time savings achieved through the use of SonoChiro® are considerable. It varies according to many factors (target objectives, quality of recordings, etc.) but it is generally greater than 90%, in many cases it even exceeds 99%.
SonoChiro® includes a "SonoView" post-processing module that allows you to view and validate SonoChiro® results at a glance, as well as to sort and export validated sound sequences to different backup folders with a single click. SonoChiro® has already won over a large number of bat experts.
SonoChiro®has become an indispensable tool to many bat enthusiasts and experts.
STRENGTHS OF SONOCHIRO®
- Analysis of large volumes of audio files
- Accepts audio files in .WAV and .RAW format (Batlogger)
- Compatible with all recorders and bat detectors on the market
- Gives very good identification results with confidence indexes from 0 to 10 for each call pulse in a sequence.
- Has many geographical classifications : Amazon Basin, North Central America, Lesser Antilles, British Isles, North Boreal, South Boreal, Northern Temperate, Southern Temperate, Mediterranean
- Bilingual software: French / English
- Simultaneously analyzes 1-channel or 2-channel (stereo) sounds and direct (x1) and time-expanded call sequence (x10)
- Counts the number of bat calls
- Quantification of hunting activity (prey capture, buzz) and social calls
- Isolates and/or eliminates noise sounds
- Displays results in the form of sonograms
- Has a fast sorting system of the results
- Opens a sequence directly in a player software of your choice (Batsound, Audacity, Syrinx, ...)
- Filters to remove non-bat noise in a file to boost spectrographic quality for decision-making
- Exports analyzed audio files to different backup folders (group, species and noise)
- Analysis decisions based on acoustic data far more robust and reliable
- Can mass cut long sound sequences into small sequences of 5 seconds for example